If you love sweet and spicy as much as I do, then you need to try this unbelievably good Cinnamon Honey Latte recipe! This lovely mashup of warm and sweet flavors will blow you away and only takes a few minutes to make!
Cinnamon and honey were made for each other. This sizzling sweet and spicy duo serves big comforting vibes on its own but put them in a latte, and you have a cozy hug in a cup! That is why I love savoring every sip of this yummy Cinnamon Honey Latte. It’s a great warm-up on cool days and a welcome treat at any time!
Ingredients you need
Whole Milk: Whole milk is great for hot lattes. It has the right consistency for foaming and a lovely flavor when warm. However, if you need lactose-free or dairy-free milk, both are great substitutes.
Honey: Honey is so much more than just a sweetener. This awesome syrup has delectable floral notes that come alive in this luscious latte! Use your favorite local honey to support your community’s bees, flora, and fauna.
Cinnamon Syrup: This ingredient brings a hint of sweetness while delivering a full spicy cinnamon kick. If you love scratch-made like I do, then try my easy Homemade Cinnamon Syrup Recipe! You can also use store-bought cinnamon syrup in this recipe.
Espresso Shots: Espresso is a delightfully concentrated form of coffee with a caffeinated kick! For this recipe, use your favorite blend of espresso beans. You can also use your favorite at-home brewing method. If you do not have the equipment to make espresso at home, brew an extra strong batch of coffee for this drink.
Cinnamon: The best way to add some style to this cup is with cinnamon. Use ground cinnamon and a stencil to make an irresistibly elegant garnish for the top of this latte.
Cinnamon Honey Latte Step-by-step
How To Make Cinnamon Honey Latte From Scratch
- Step One: Add the cinnamon syrup to the serving glass.
- Step Two: Heat the milk, add a teaspoon of honey, and combine them well using a milk frother.
- Step Three: Brew espresso and add it to the serving glass.
- Step Four: Pour the frothed honey milk into the serving glass.
- Step Five: Place a stencil on the glass and dust with cinnamon, then enjoy!
- I love combining warm milk and honey before frothing to create delicious, frothed honey milk. This gives the drink a smooth honey flavor, and you don’t have to worry that the honey will sink to the bottom of the drink.
- If you want to enjoy this delicious drink without the dairy, remember to choose barista-quality non-dairy milk. The barista rendition of this ingredient is enriched with extra vegetable fat, so it will steam and froth beautifully. Look for this type of dairy alternative in the baking aisle with all the shelf-stable non-dairy milk options.
Make this luscious latte nice and light by trading whole milk for skim or low-fat plant-based milk. Just remember that skim milk is harder to froth, so you may not get the foamy head you want but the flavor is still spot on!
If you want to enjoy this creamy coffee before bed, swap the espresso for a decaf espresso bean blend. This makes for a smooth and caffeine-free delight!
What are the benefits of Cinnamon and Honey?
Cinnamon and honey are both natural ingredients that have been used for centuries for their various health benefits.
Cinnamon is known for its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, which can help to boost the immune system and fight off infections. It may also help to regulate blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity, making it beneficial for individuals with diabetes or metabolic conditions.
Honey, on the other hand, is a natural sweetener that is rich in antioxidants and can help to soothe coughs and sore throats. It also has antibacterial properties and can promote wound healing.
When combined, cinnamon and honey can create a powerful combination that may have additional benefits, such as aiding in weight loss and improving digestion.
However, it is important to note that while these ingredients can offer potential health benefits, they should be consumed in moderation and as part of a balanced diet.
- Measuring Spoons
- Saucepan: Use a saucepan on the stove or a microwave-safe dish to help you warm the milk.
- Serving Glasses
- Milk Frother: A handheld milk frother is awesome but another choice is your handy-dandy French Press! Fill it with the warm milk and use the plunger to agitate and froth the milk to make that lovely foam topper!
- Stencil: A stencil allows you to add some flair to your cinnamon garnish. Choose a leaf, heart, letter, or star stencil to make a classic-looking cinnamon latte.
Frequently Asked Questions About Honey Cinnamon Latte
Yes, you can use sugar-free honey syrup; however, there is also sugar in the cinnamon syrup, so to make this drink truly sugar-free, you must also replace that element.
This drink was made for cool afternoons and cozy nights at home! It’s the perfect drink for autumn and the winter holiday season. Serve it with gingersnaps or butter cookies for a warm and welcoming treat!
Yes! You can use handy household espresso brewing options like the Aeropress, a Moka Pot, or a single-head espresso machine, but you can also craft this coffee without all that fuss. Brew a small batch of extra-strong coffee instead! Use an espresso blend of beans so it still has that flavor but with a slightly milder kick.
More Recipes and Tips You Might Enjoy:
- Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- Christmassy Eggnog Latte
- Salted Caramel Coffee – three ways
- Boozy Christmas Coffee
- Oat Milk Coffee
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Lavender Latte
- Honey Lavender Latte
- Honey Latte
- Are Coffee Beans Cheaper than Ground Coffee?
- What to put in a Coffee Gift Basket?
- Gifts for Cold Brew Lovers
- How Much Syrup to Put into Coffee?
If you make this recipe, let me know how you liked it by ★★★★★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. This would be awesome! You can also sign up for our Newsletter or follow me on Pinterest or Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @coffeewithnora and hashtag #coffeewithnora_recipes, so I don’t miss it.
- 2 oz Cinnamon dolce syrup add more for a more intense flavor.
- 1 cup Whole milk can be substituted with plant-based milk or lactose-free milk
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 Espresso Shot
- Cinnamon for dusting
- Add 2 oz Cinnamon dolce syrup to the serving glass.2 oz Cinnamon dolce syrup
- Heat 1 cup Whole milk in a saucepan or in the microwave, add 1 tbsp Honey.1 cup Whole milk, 1 tbsp Honey
- Combine them well using a milk frother.
- Separately, brew 1 Espresso Shot in the serving glass or use an AeroPress, French press or filter coffee. You can also brew the coffee into a pitcher.1 Espresso Shot
- Add the coffee to the serving glass with the cinnamon syrup.
- Then, pour in the frothed honey milk.
- Place a gorgeous stencil on the glass and dust the honey milk foam with Cinnamon .
- Serve and enjoy!Cinnamon
- Don’t leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food and beverages unattended
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove