Flavor blooms bright in this sensational Honey Lavender Latte Recipe. Thanks to this sweet and floral coffee delight, wind down after a long day with a beautiful trip to the garden without ever stepping outside!
Pick a sweet and smooth coffee flavor bouquet with this brilliant Oat Milk Lavender Honey Latte! There is so much to love in this gorgeous floral arrangement, like:
- Energy without Anxiety – Get your caffeine buzz without the edge thanks to this floral flavor! This simple recipe comes together easily so you can focus on relaxing with great coffee!
- Fragrant Flavor – Lavender is often used in aromatherapy because one whiff of this beautiful flower will put your mind at ease. That is why it is the perfect balancing flavor in a deliciously revitalizing latte!
- Garden Party – This amazing floral drink is made with ingredients and flavors that are fresh from the farm! From luscious oat milk to buzzing honey and light lavender, this drink is a delightful reminder of the outdoors that will put you instantly at ease.
Ingredients you need
Oat Milk – Oat milk has the perfect texture and flavor to make exciting and delicious coffee creations!
Remember to opt for a barista-style oat milk for the best results. Choosing plant-based milk just feels like a fitting way to celebrate even more fresh-grown flavors, but traditional whole milk, almond milk, or lactose-free milk are great substitutes.
Lavender Syrup – The light, aromatic, and floral flavor of lavender is so fresh and delicious when paired with perfectly brewed coffee and oat milk! Bring this vibrant flavor to your coffee with lavender syrup. Look for this ingredient in the baking or coffee aisle of your local grocery store or online.
If you love everything homemade, you can make this simple syrup from scratch! Pick some fresh lavender from your home garden, wash it, and then boil it with two parts water to one part sugar until a nice syrup forms. Strain out the lavender and keep the syrup in the fridge for up to 1 month.
Honey – Use your favorite honey for this latte, but check the label to see what flowers the bees have been exposed to. This will add delicious fruity and floral notes to your drink, so it can be fun to know where the honey came from!
Espresso – Espresso is the key to any great latte. Choose your favorite brand and blend, but be sure that you either have a coffee grinder or ask to have your espresso ground to ‘extra-fine.’
Dried Lavender – This is the perfect colorful garnish for this sweet oat milk honey latte. You can find this in stores or save clippings from your own lavender plants and dry them in the sun to make the most of your edible harvest.
Honey Lavender Latte Step-by-step
How To Make Honey Lavender Latte From Scratch
Warm the Milk – Using a small saucepan or microwave, heat the milk to the ideal temperature for frothing. Be careful not to overheat the milk; you should have a food thermometer handy to help you nail the perfect milk temperature. Once the milk is warm, stir in the honey.
Brew the Espresso – Next, use your favorite method to brew the espresso. A few easy and reliable ways to make the perfect espresso at home include the Aeropress, French, press, or filtered coffee brewer if you don’t have or don’t wanna use an espresso machine.
Add the Flavor – Add the lavender syrup to the coffee and top it off with warm milk. You can opt to froth the milk using a steam wand, milk frother, or French press; this adds a textural touch to the drink that can be very elegant!
Garnish and Enjoy – Sprinkle the top of the oat milk latte with the dried lavender and enjoy your perfectly crafted flower-infused coffee!
Important Barista Tips
- The ideal milk temperature for frothing is 131 °F – 149 °F (55 °C – 65 °C).
- To prevent the honey from settling in the glass, mix the warm milk and honey in advance.
- When using alternative milk, remember that “barista” milk gives you the best quality, flavor, and texture for latte making.
- Make your cafe creation turn heads by sprinkling the dried lavender on top. Plus, this helps develop a tantalizing lavender flavor!
- When life gets hectic, this delicious latte can save the day! Both honey and lavender can help reduce stress, so take a sip of this garden-inspired drink and let the good feelings bloom!
- Filtered water does not calcify the coffee equipment, giving the coffee a much better taste.
Products You Will Need
- Saucepan and Measuring Spoons – Make sure you have all the right kitchen tools on hand before you get started. A saucepan or microwave-safe container along with measuring spoons are a few basics you’ll need for this easy oat milk latte recipe.
- Coffee Maker – The heart of this lavender delight is coffee! A couple great tools for making espresso at home include the Aeropress and French Press. Invest in your favorite and you’ll be able to skip the trips to the cafe from then on!
- Serving Glass – A drink this gorgeous deserves a great glass! Make a statement by serving this luscious latte in a tall glass mug so you can see the lovely colors in this coffee.
Frequently Asked Questions About Honey Lavender Latte Recipe
Everyone’s personal allergy profile is different, but generally speaking, this drink is free of most of the common allergy concerns. Thanks to the use of oat milk in this recipe it is free of nuts, dairy, and gluten! Allergies to lavender and honey are both very uncommon. If honey is any allergy concern or you are observing a vegan diet, you can trade it for agave syrup to make this latte better suit your needs.
Yes! You can absolutely make this delicious drink decaf, half-caf, or fully loaded! No matter your caffeine tolerance you can enjoy this smooth and sweet sip. It is especially nice to enjoy this latte after a busy day at work, so feel free to make an evening version with decaf espresso.
More Recipes and Tips You Might Enjoy:
- Honey Latte Recipe
- Iced Honey Latte
- Why does Oat Milk Separate in Coffee?
- How to Froth Milk Without a Frother?
- Are Coffee Beans Cheaper than Ground Coffee?
- How much Syrup to Put into Coffee?
- Can you Put Hot Coffee in Glass?
- Using Brown Sugar in Coffee
- Oat milk Coffee Recipe
- Eggnog Coffee
- Coffee con Leche
If you make this recipe, let me know how you liked it by ★★★★★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. This would be awesome! You can also sign up for our Newsletter or follow me on Pinterest or Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @coffeewithnora and hashtag #coffeewithnora_recipes, so I don’t miss it.
- Saucepan or Microwave-safe jug
- Serving glass
- 1 cup Oat milk
- 1.5 oz Lavender syrup
- 2 Tsp Honey
- 1 shot Espresso
- Dried lavender for garnish
- Heat 1 cup Oat milk in a saucepan or use your microwave.2 Tsp Honey, 1 cup Oat milk
- Then add 2 Tsp Honey and mix well.
- Separately, brew 1 shot Espresso in a serving glass or use an Aeropress, French press, or filter coffee.1 shot Espresso
- Next, add 1.5 oz Lavender syrup and pour in the honey milk.1.5 oz Lavender syrup
- You can froth the honey milk with the remaining milk if you fancy.
- Finally, sprinkle the milk oam with Dried lavender for garnish and enjoy.
- Don’t leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food and beverages unattended
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove