The pumpkin spice latte has gone from being a cult favorite to an absolute icon of the coffee world.
Its rich, sweet, and spicy flavor is the ultimate symbol of the autumn season, but you have not truly tasted fall until you try the Best Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe ever!
The best Pumpkin Spice Latte is closer than you think; in fact, it’s right in your own kitchen. All you need is this recipe!
With these easy ingredients and simple steps, you can make the most lusciously creamy, pumpkin-infused, and warmly spiced drink of your life in a matter of minutes!
So put a pot on and get ready to indulge in the flavors and aromas of autumn with the very best Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe!
Ingredients you need
Creamy dairy is the base of any great latte. In general, whole milk is the barista’s first choice. It has a great fat and protein content to make crafting airy milk foam very easy to do.
However, don’t be discouraged if dairy is not your thing! You can use plant-based or lactose-free milk in this recipe as needed. Oat milk is great with the taste of pumpkin, but no matter the type of alternative milk you choose, try to use a barista-quality version. This type of alternative milk will have a high plant-fat content that makes foaming as easy as the autumn breeze.
Pumpkin puree is a common-canned item that allows you to enjoy the rich sweet and savory flavor of pumpkin all year long! It is made from a small variety of squash called the Dickson pumpkin, and it is already cooked so it can go straight from the can to your tummy!
You won’t need the whole can, so save your extra pumpkin puree by freezing it. The frozen puree will last up to a year and can be pulled out any time you are craving a pumpkin spice latte!
Honey has a very pleasant sweetness that complements the pumpkin flavor so well, but if you prefer the plant-based alternative of maple syrup, that also works very well in this recipe.
Brown sugar adds a depth of sweetness to this drink that white sugar just cannot deliver. Brown sugar has molasses in it that gives it a sensationally dark and smooth sweetness that brings out the best in this sweet and spicy latte.
Pumpkin spice is a spice blend that combines all the best flavors of fall, like cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and more, to make a zesty and warm mix that adds flavor to these lattes and so much more!
Try my super easy recipe for homemade pumpkin spice so you can always have this awesome flavor on hand. Or look for it in your grocery store’s seasoning aisle.
Be aware that if this spice blend is too much for your tastes you can cut the amount you use to make a more mild and less intensely spiced flavor.
This staple flavoring is excellent for introducing smooth, sweet, and woody flavors to your drinks, baked goods, and more. You can optionally trade this for another flavor extract, like almond or hazelnut.
A double shot of delicious espresso is the heart of this drink, but don’t panic if you don’t have the means to make espresso. You can simply brew a batch of extra-strong coffee. Use your favorite method but use an extra scoop of ground to amp up the flavor.
Top this delicious drink with some creamy whipped flavor! You can also use plant-based whipped cream.
Ground Cinnamon and Cocoa Powder
To dust this drink with flavor and flair, use this delicious duo! Cinnamon and cocoa powder taste so great together that you will want to add this garnish to more than just this one drink, so consider keeping a shaker on hand for coffee emergencies!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Step-by-step
How To Make Pumpkin Spice Latte From Scratch
Brew – Brew the espresso and set it aside.
Warm – Combine the milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, and honey and heat over medium heat. Do not boil! Add the pumpkin spice and optionally vanilla extract and stir well. Remove it from heat and set it aside.
Pour – Pour the coffee into the serving glass and immediately top it off with the pumpkin milk.
Enjoy – Garnish your delicious drink with whipped cream, dust it with cocoa powder and cinnamon, and enjoy! One sip will have you falling in love, so be ready to kick back in the cool autumn air with this drink!
- Remember to brew the coffee for this drink using only filtered water. This improves the flavors of your beverage and preserves the functionality of your coffee maker.
- Have a thermometer on hand to check the milk temperature. The ideal temperature for frothing is 131°F to 149°F (55°C – 65°C).
- When using milk alternatives, a “barista” version is recommended. This usually contains sunflower oil or similar. This slightly higher fat content compared to non-barista variants resembles whole milk and is much easier to froth and use for latte art.
Espresso Machine or Coffee Maker – Crafting delectable cafe-inspired creations at home starts with great coffee. Save yourself the trips to the cafe and invest in a quality coffee maker for your home. Choose a personal-sized espresso maker, like an AeroPress, or invest in a more universal coffee machine. No matter what you choose, you can use it to brew the delectable coffee base for this pumpkin spice latte recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions About Pumpkin Spice Coffee
You can trade whole milk in this recipe for skim or low-fat non-dairy milk to lighten the flavor and fat content of this recipe.
More Recipes and Tips You Might Enjoy:
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice
- Pumpkin-Flavored Whipped Cream
- Honey Lavender Oat Milk Latte
- Honey Latte
- Iced Honey Latte
- Iced Lavender Latte
- Why does Oat Milk Separate in Coffee?
- Can you put Hot Coffee in Glass?
- How much Syrup to put into Coffee?
- How to make Homemade Creamer?
If you make this recipe, let me know how you liked it by ★★★★★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. This would be awesome! You can also sign up for our Newsletter or follow me on Pinterest or Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @coffeewithnora and hashtag #coffeewithnora_recipes, so I don’t miss it.
- Small saucepan
- Wooden spoon
- Espresso machine Coffee maker
- Serving glass
- Brew a Double Espresso into a pitcher or directly into your serving glass and set aside.Double Espresso
- Add 1 cup Whole milk , 1 tbsp Pumpkin puree, 1 tsp Brown sugar, and 1 tsp Honey in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat. Do not boil!1 cup Whole milk, 1 tbsp Pumpkin puree, 1 tsp Honey, 1 tsp Brown sugar
- Then add 1 tsp Pumpkin spiceand stir it in well with a whisk.1 tsp Pumpkin spice
- Optionally, add additional 1 Tsp Vanilla extract if you like.1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pour the previously brewed coffee into the serving glass and immediately top it off with the pumpkin milk.
- Garnish your delicious drink with Whipped cream and dust it with Ground cinnamon and cocoa powder.Whipped cream, Ground cinnamon and cocoa powder
- Don’t leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food and beverages unattended
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove