When it comes to eggnog, I just cannot get enough! That is why I savor the eggnog season by topping all my treats with this tantalizing Eggnog Whipped cream recipe!
Eggnog is a luscious, creamy, and decadent drink everyone loves to enjoy around the holidays, but who said it has to be just a drink!?
Add an unexpected spark to your holiday season with this lighter-than-air Eggnog Whipped Cream!
It has all the flavor of eggnog but with an ethereal texture that will leave you wanting more! So whip some whimsical Christmas fun into everything you eat this season with this easy recipe!
Ingredients you need
Whipping Cream: Whipping cream, or heavy cream, is a smooth, thick liquid dairy with a very high fat content. This makes it ideal for turning into a thick and fluffy whipped topping! However, if you need a non-dairy option, try coconut heavy cream instead.
Powdered Sugar: This extra-fine sugar is the perfect sweetener for this lovely topping because it is also a stabilizing thickener. That means this ingredient will help your whipped cream stay nice and fluffy no matter how close to the fireplace you sit!
Eggnog: Eggnog is so thick, sweet, spicy, and indulgent that it only takes a touch to bring the holiday vibes to this whipped cream! Use your favorite brand to flavor this tasty recipe.
Eggnog Whipped Cream Step-by-step
How To Make Flavored Whipped Cream From Scratch
- Step One: Add all the ingredients to the bowl and beat to stiff peaks.
- Step Two: Enjoy! Scoop the whipped cream on top of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. Or put it in a piping bag and squeeze it on top of anything you like!
The perfect topping for your cold or hot coffee or your favorite holiday desserts!
How to Store Eggnog Whipped Cream
The flavored whipped cream can be stored in the fridge for up to three days. Keep it in an airtight container so it doesn’t take on any unwanted aromas or tastes from the refrigerator.
- Electric Mixer: The key to airy peaks of soft whipped cream is using the right tools. Use an electric hand (or stand) mixer with a whisk attachment to beat some air into the cream, but remember to chill the beaters and bowl first.
- High-Walled Mixing Bowl: Using a mixing bowl with high walls ensures there is less splattery mess when the beaters hit the cream! Be sure to pop the bowl in the fridge or freezer before starting to help the cream whip quickly.
Frequently Asked Questions about Eggnog Whipped Cream
The obvious answer is whipping, but it is more complex than that. Two essential parts of heavy whipping cream allow it to become the airy, fluffy substance we know as whipped cream.
The fat content in heavy cream traps the forcefully beaten air into the cream, and the proteins create bonds that hold the air in. The result is a fluffy, delicious topping for drinks, cakes, and more!
Absolutely! You can use a hand mixer, stand mixer, siphon, food processor, or even brute strength to whip this cream into shape!
Eggnog whipped cream tastes divine on top of coffee, ginger cake, pecan pancakes, and so much more. Anywhere you would add whipped cream, use this festive rendition instead for a holly jolly twist!
More Recipes and Tips You Might Enjoy:
- Christmas Coffee Creamer
- Christmas Coffee
- Eggnog Coffee
- Iced Eggnog Latte
- Iced Honey Latte
- What to put in a Coffee Gift Basket?
- Gifts for Coldbrew Lovers
- Pumpkin Cream Coldbrew
- Iced Lavender Latte
- Using Brown Sugar in Coffee
- How to Froth Milk Without a Frother?
- How much Syrup to put into Coffee?
- Caramel Coffee
- Coffee con Leche
If you make this recipe, let me know how you liked it by ★★★★★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. This would be awesome! You can also sign up for our Newsletter or follow me on Pinterest or Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @coffeewithnora and hashtag #coffeewithnora_recipes, so I don’t miss it.
- Electric hand mixer
- High mixing bowl
- ⅜ cup Whipping cream
- 1 tsp Powdered Sugar
- 1-3 tsp Eggnog
- Pour ⅜ cup Whipping cream, 1 tsp Powdered Sugar, and 1-3 tsp Eggnog into a tall mixing bowl and beat with a mixer until very stiff.⅜ cup Whipping cream, 1 tsp Powdered Sugar, 1-3 tsp Eggnog
- Then, spoon the mixture directly onto the coffee or use a pastry bag with a star-shaped trip for a more attractive look and pipe the flavored whipped cream on top of your favorite coffee or dessert.
- Don’t leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food and beverages unattended
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove