We wait all year long for yummy eggnog to hit the shelves, and when it does, you better believe it’s coffee time! Celebrate the season with this deliciously simple recipe for everyone’s favorite holiday treat: an Iced Eggnog Latte!
Eggnog is a seriously smooth sip that fans wait months for! Enjoy this annual flavor in style with this awesomely cool Iced Eggnog Latte! You will love this easy recipe for these reasons:
- Limited Time Love Affair -If you are a true eggnog lover then you wish this decadent drink was available all year, but with this smooth sip you will taste hints of creamy eggnog and nutmeg mixed with complex coffee in a truly swoon-worthy drink worth waiting for!
- Fast and Festive – If you want to impress a friend with something sweet this quick recipe is like a holiday in glass and it only takes a few minutes to make!
- Eggnog Ease – Making amazing drinks at home does not get any simpler than this delicious, quick, and easy recipe!
- Cold Winter – Half the world enjoys moderate temperatures in the winter yet people always discount the deliciousness of a great iced latte after October. Change that story with this indulgent and delightful winter-inspired treat!
- No Special Equipment – Seriously, anyone can make this latte! There are no special tools or experience needed to craft this cafe-quality creation!
Ingredients you need
Ice is often overlooked, but it’s more important to the drink than you might think! Larger cubes melt more slowly, leading to a more pure eggnog flavor, so try to avoid small cubes, crushed, or chipped ice unless you like a little dilution in your drink!
Eggnog is sensationally smooth and has a creamy custard-like flavor, but it needs a little lightness to help mellow out the bold flavor. That is where milk comes in. The familiar light flavor of milk helps to make the eggnog lighter and more refreshing.
If you need a lactose-free, low-fat, or dairy-free milk, feel free to substitute it at an even ratio.
A cup of eggnog is a real treat, partially because it only comes around once a year. Savor the creamy, spiced-custard flavor while it lasts by working it into luscious recipes like this one!
Eggnog is made by combining cream, eggs, and sugar to make a thick, sweet, and creamy dairy-based drink. This traditional beverage is not vegan-friendly; however, at today’s supermarkets, you can find lactose-free, and some non-dairy eggnog brands are starting to pop up. If you love eggnog but can’t do the dairy, try researching online for where you might be able to score some non-dairy nog in your area.
The luxurious creamy flavor of eggnog shines through in every sip, yet it is balanced by the regular milk and espresso flavors to make a truly special sip!
Espresso is the jumping-off point of every great latte! This unique type of coffee is produced when finely ground beans are brewed at high pressure with very hot water. It makes for a highly concentrated yet smooth shot of coffee.
Making espresso at home is easier and more affordable than you might think. Several types of portable or stovetop espresso makers produce cafe-quality espresso anywhere. Aeropress and Moka Pot are both great names in the homemade espresso game.
Espresso is the standard choice for latte making. However, everyone deserves to have this making homemade eggnog drink, so if you don’t have the means to make espresso, don’t worry! You can brew an extra strong cup (or batch) of your favorite brew using whatever brewing method you have at home: French press, pour-over, or even drip.
One simple way to make every cup of coffee you brew taste better is by improving your water! Always brew with fresh filtered water. Filtered water leaves less residue in your brewing equipment and brings a neutral flavor to the brew, so all you taste is yummy coffee!
Lovely whipped cream is the ideal way to finish any fancy drink! Use your favorite homemade or store-bought whipped cream for garnishing, and if you need a dairy-free option, go for it!
Eggnog and nutmeg are as iconic a duo as there has ever been! This earthy and rich spice has the perfect flavor to enhance the creamy goodness of eggnog. Freshly grate some of this spice, or try a little pre-ground to speed things up!
Iced Eggnog Latte Step-by-step
How To Make Iced Eggnog Latte From Scratch
- Step One – Brew the espresso or extra-strong coffee.
- Step Two – Add the eggnog and milk to a blender and blend. Alternatively, you can use your muscles and a whisk to bring them together.
- Step Three – Fill the glasses with cubed ice.
- Step Four – Pour the coffee over the ice cubes and then fill the glass with the eggnog mixture.
- Step Five – Top the drink with whipped cream and nutmeg, and then enjoy!
- It always helps in the kitchen or at the bar to be prepared. Measure and arrange all your ingredients before you start brewing so everything moves smoothly toward deliciousness!
Frequently Asked Questions About Iced Eggnog Latte
Only if you want it to be! Eggnog is naturally non-alcoholic, and this latte does not have any added booze! Eggnog is a common ingredient in winter party punch, which is made with brandy or rum. That is why some people think eggnog has alcohol in it.
Traditional eggnog has a lot of added sugar, which makes it not keto-friendly. Some stores carry low-carb or low-sugar versions for keto eaters, though!
Unfortunately, eggnog is made with dairy that is enriched with eggs and sugar, so it has several major allergens, including dairy and eggs. Lactose-free versions of eggnog are available; you can even find dairy-free eggnog in some areas. If you make these changes, the drink can become allergen-free.
More Recipes and Tips You Might Enjoy:
- Eggnog Latte (coming soon)
- Christmas Coffee Creamer
- Eggnog Coffee
- Iced Honey Latte
- Pumpkin Cream Coldbrew
- Iced Lavender Latte
- Using Brown Sugar in Coffee
- How to Froth Milk Without a Frother?
- How much Syrup to put into Coffee?
- Caramel Coffee
- Coffee con Leche
If you make this recipe, let me know how you liked it by ★★★★★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. This would be awesome! You can also sign up for our Newsletter or follow me on Pinterest or Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @coffeewithnora and hashtag #coffeewithnora_recipes, so I don’t miss it.
- Measuring cups
- Serving glass
- 1 Double Espresso or strong coffee
- ⅓ cup Whole milk can be substituted with plant-based milk or lactose-free milk
- ⅔ cup Eggnog Choose your favorite brand
- Cubed Ice
- Whipped cream
- Nutmeg for dusting
- Brew 1 Double Espresso on ice or set the coffee aside after brewing to cool down.1 Double Espresso
- Add ⅔ cup Eggnog and ⅓ cup Whole milk to a blender and mix well.⅓ cup Whole milk, ⅔ cup Eggnog
- Fill the glasses with Cubed Ice.Cubed Ice
- Pour the cooled coffee into the serving glass filled with ice cubes, and then fill up the glass with the eggnog and milk mixture.
- Garnish your drink with Whipped cream and dust with Nutmeg.Whipped cream, Nutmeg
- Don’t leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food and beverages unattended
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove