Creamy decadent caramel sticks in your head with its lusciously sweet and buttery flavor, but what if you could bring that flavor to your favorite cup of coffee!? Craft the perfect Salted Caramel Coffee Creamer with this recipe to make a totally homemade coffee confection that beats any café favorite!
Salted Caramel Coffee Creamer is the ultimate way to elevate your favorite drink without having to visit a café! This amazing creamy caramel flavoring brings so much to drip coffee, cold brew, and more, and it only takes a half hour to make! Here are a few things that make this creamer recipe so special:
- Speedy sweet flavor!
- Great with all kinds of coffee!
- Lasts for days!
- Better than store-bought!
- Enough for a crowd!
So if you are looking for an indulgent way to improve your coffee’s flavor without heading to the café, you have to try this easy and delicious Salted Caramel Coffee Creamer!
Ingredients you need
Condensed Milk – Condensed milk is a canned dairy product. It is made from milk that has had most of its water removed and sweetened added to it. This makes the milk thick, viscous, syrupy, and delicious. It is the perfect base to combine with heavy cream to make a lusciously smooth and decadent caramel-infused creamer!
If you’re really into homemade, you can even whip this ingredient up yourself! Simmer milk and sugar into a thickened syrup and you’ll have the perfect substitute for condensed milk.
Heavy Cream – Heavy cream is a thick dairy drink made from the fat that collects on the top of fresh milk. It is so rich that fat makes up almost half of its total volume. Heavy cream has all the richness you want in a creamer with plenty of satisfying fresh milk flavor.
Granulated Sugar – This pantry staple is the key to beautiful caramel flavor. Sweet sugar is cooked down into a quick and creamy caramel that will become the flavoring of this luscious coffee enhancer.
Butter – Butter is the other key to delicious caramel. Butter adds fat and a rich, decadent flavor. You can use either salted or unsalted butter in this recipe.
Salt – Salt is the balance that this coffee creamer needs. The salt highlights all the sweetness from the caramel and cream. Choose a fine-grain sea salt to make the most natural and delicious rendition of this sweet flavoring.
Vanilla Extract – Although optional, vanilla extract can be a powerful flavor enhancer in this creamer. If you love the balanced sip of woody and smooth vanilla paired with buttery caramel, then this optional flavoring is a great choice.
You can also use raspberry or almond extract to make a candy shop-inspired taste that you will adore!
Salted Caramel Coffee Creamer Step-by-step
How To Make Salted Caramel Coffee Creamer From Scratch
- On the stove over low heat, melt the sugar. Use a wooden spoon to stir it.
- Meanwhile, heat up a portion of the heavy cream in the microwave or a separate saucepan.
- Add the butter and salt once the sugar is golden brown, and pour in the hot, heavy cream. Be careful when mixing this creamy blend because the steam gets hot!
- Add the condensed milk and the remaining heavy cream to the pot and bring the mixture to a light simmer over low heat. Whisk constantly for about five to ten minutes.
- If you add extra flavors, like vanilla extract, add it now while the creamer finishes cooking.
- After cooling the finished creamer, it can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days!
If you are adding extra flavor to the creamer with vanilla or another extract, be sure to add it while the creamer finishes cooking. This helps it evenly incorporate and cooks off the mildly alcoholic flavor of the extract.
Storing Salted Caramel Coffee Creamer
Once you’ve crafted your beautiful coffee creamer, you will not want to waste a single drop! Make the most of this delicious drink enhancer by saving any extra in an airtight container or pitcher. This creamer will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Saucepan and Stirring Tools – This recipe includes a super easy caramel, so you will need a pot or pan for caramel and another pot or microwave-safe container to heat the cream. Also, have a few stirring tools on hand to make this recipe easy!
Pitcher or Jar – There will be plenty of delicious creamer to save for the next few days, so have a pitcher or jar ready for storing your homemade creamer. You can also opt to use a standard air-tight food storage container, but this can make pouring a little challenging.
Frequently Asked Questions About Salted Caramel Coffee Creamer
Yes! The magic of this recipe is that it makes plenty of sweet and salty creamer for days! Pour the cooled creamer into an airtight container or pitcher and store it in the fridge. It will last up to 3 days in the fridge, and if you want to try a chilled-out twist, pour the creamer into an ice cube tray and freeze it. Then you can pop yummy cubes of creamer into any coffee creation you can imagine!
If you want to make a delicious rendition of this creamer without the dairy, go for it! This salty and sweet flavor is too good to miss out on, so make a few simple swaps to make this creamer non-dairy. Trade the condensed milk for coconut condensed milk, the heavy cream for heavy coconut cream, and the butter for plant butter.
With these two easy substitutions you can make a luscious caramel-flavored creamer without any dairy, but if you want to go all the way vegan, also trade the granulated white sugar for a vegan sweetener like cane sugar or monk fruit.
More Recipes and Tips You Might Enjoy:
- How to Make Homemade Creamer?
- Can you Whip Coffee Creamer?
- How to Make Coffee con Leche?
- Lavender Latte
- Iced Lavender Latte
- Iced Honey Latte
- Honey Lavender Oat Milk Latte
- Honey Latte
If you make this recipe, let me know how you liked it by ★★★★★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. This would be awesome! You can also sign up for our Newsletter or follow me on Pinterest or Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @coffeewithnora and hashtag #coffeewithnora_recipes, so I don’t miss it.
- Silicone spatula
- Glass container
- ½ cup Granulated sugar
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- 1 tbsp Butter
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 cups Condensed milk
- ¾ cup Heavy cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract optional
- In a small pot, pour in ½ cup Granulated sugar and melt it on a stove, at low temperature.
- Using a fork or wooden spoon, slowly mix the sugar as it melts, and in the meanwhile, using a microwave or in a separate saucepan, heat up ½ cup Heavy cream.
- Once the sugar is golden brown, add 1 tbsp Butter and ½ tsp Salt and pour in the hot, heavy cream while carefully mixing, taking care not to get burned from the very hot vapor.
- Add 2 cups Condensed milk and ¾ cup Heavy cream in the pot with the salted caramel and bring them to a light simmer together on low heat while constantly whisking for another 5-10 minutes.
- If we want to add additional flavors to our salted caramel creamer, like 1 tsp Vanilla extract, now is the time, and we need to do it while everything is hot before cooling.
- Don’t leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food and beverages unattended
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove