Caramel is the finishing touch your coffee or cake has been needing and thanks to this tasty recipe you can make it easier than ever before! Take your treats to delicious new destinations with this unbelievably easy recipe for 2-ingredient Caramel Sauce!
I adore the creamy, candied flavor of smooth caramel sauce. It adds elegance and flavor to drinks, baked goods, and more, and nothing beats homemade!
That is why I love this simple caramel sauce! It comes together in no time with only two ingredients, which means I can have luscious caramel anytime, and so can you!
Ingredients you need
- Soft Caramel Candies: Look for this easy ingredient in the baking aisle near chocolate chips. Hard caramel candies will also work in a pinch. Beware that you’ll have to unwrap the candies and that can take a few minutes.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: Heavy cream makes the sauce silky smooth and oh-so-creamy! If you have dairy sensitivity, try using a non-dairy heavy cream as the luscious base of this sauce.
Easy Caramel Sauce Step-by-step
How To Make Easy Caramel Sauce From Scratch
- Step One: Combine the ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Step Two: Dissolve the candies until the sauce is nice and thick.
- Step Three: Pour the caramel on whatever you want and enjoy!
Keep the sauce just below boiling. When heavy cream boils, it can flocculate or separate, spoiling your beautiful sauce!
- Saucepan: Choose a thick, heavy-bottomed saucepan for less chance of overheating or burning the sauce.
- Wooden Spoon: Caramel sticks less to wooden cookware.
- Preserving Jar: Choose a glass jar or airtight container to store the leftovers.
Homemade caramel sauce is delicious down to the last drop, so be sure to use it all immediately or store it properly for later! To store the sauce, transfer it to an airtight container or jar. Seal the container and store the sauce at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
If your sauce has solidified during storage, pop it in the microwave and heat it in short bursts until it is loose and pourable again.
The beauty of this scrumptious sauce is that you can use it however you want! Top off your coffee or tea, pour some on your ice cream, decorate your cakes, or go wild and eat it plain.
To use this caramel in drinks, stir it in or use it to line the cup. For ice cream and desserts, simply drizzle this sauce on top. For even more control, put the caramel in a squeeze bottle and use it to elegantly dress your drinks and desserts.
No matter the caramel confection you’re craving, this awesome sauce will deliver a smooth, creamy, and sweet caramel flavor in a flash!
This simple caramel sauce is naturally gluten, egg, and nut-free, so it is safe to eat if those are your allergy concerns; however, caramel is also rich in dairy, so if you’re allergic to dairy, this might not be the treat for you.
More Recipes and Tips You Might Enjoy:
- Iced Latte Caramel with Homemade Caramel Milk
- Salted Caramel Coffee
- Caramel Coffee with Homemade Caramel Milk
- Caramel Coffee
- Salted Caramel Coffee Creamer
- Can you Whip Coffee Creamer?
- Can you put Hot Coffee in Glass?
- Oat Milk Coffee
- Coffee con Leche
If you make this recipe, let me know how you liked it by ★★★★★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. This would be awesome! You can also sign up for our Newsletter or follow me on Pinterest or Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @coffeewithnora and hashtag #coffeewithnora_recipes, so I don’t miss it.
- Wooden spoon
- Preserving jar
- 3.17 oz Soft caramel candies 8-12 pieces
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- Place 3.17 oz Soft caramel candies and ½ cup Heavy cream in a saucepan.3.17 oz Soft caramel candies, ½ cup Heavy cream
- Dissolve over medium heat, stirring constantly, until a delicious caramel sauce forms.
- Pour the finished caramel sauce into a preserving jar or use it immediately.
- Don’t leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food and beverages unattended
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove